Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The rAw journey begins...

Well, after two flights and a four and a half hour drive up the coast, I finally made it to Fort Bragg California! My drive here was really too awesome to put into words. There's something about taking a trip and driving for hours by yourself that is so freeing and even healing in a way. When it's scenery as beautiful as the Northern California coast, it's just plain exhilarating.



I've completed the first two days of my 20 day Assistant Chef Certification program at the Living Light Culinary Institute and love every minute. My class is 31 people large and is full of cool people from all over the world - brought together by raw food. Some of us plan to use what we learn to teach classes or be a chef; some are here because they want to help heal a chronic health condition and some want to learn how to create and feed their families healing, beautiful food.

So, why am I here? I'm integrating the knowledge and skills I gain from my experience at Living Light into my holistic practice and offering chef services and nutritional therapy to my clients. I am super excited to bring some raw offerings to the Earth House Collective. Right now, my business, Be Bliss, offers fresh, organic and deliciously raw fruit and vegetable juice to Jenxie's Earth House Cafe. Visit Jenxie's for the After Glow Juice - apple/pear/lemon/ginger...sooo delicious and nutritious :)  Starting in November, Be Bliss will offer a juice bar at the Earth House as well a few mornings a week.  The bar will offer a variety of delicious fresh, organic juices.  More details to come :)

Thank you for reading (this is my first blog) and stay tuned as I post more about my raw food experience at Living Light! 

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment